- Title Pages
- Note for the Reader
- List of Illustrations
- 1 Providence, Print, and the Religion of Protestants
- 2 ‘The Theatre of Gods Judgements’: Sudden Deaths and Providential Punishments
- 3 ‘Visible Sermons’:<sup>1</sup> Divine Providence and Public Calamities
- 4 ‘Tongues of Heaven’: Prodigies, Portents, and Prophets
- 5 ‘Miracles of this Latter Age’: Providence, Confessional Politics, and Patriotism
- 6 ‘Englands Warning by Israel’: Paul's Cross Prophecy<sup>1</sup>
- Bibliography of Primary Sources
- Providence in Early Modern England
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.