- Title Pages
- 1 Myth or Reality? The High Church Ideal in the Eighteenth-Century Church
- 2 The Child of his Time
- 3 Man of Science and Liberality
- 4 An Image Refashioned! Defender of the Faith
- 5 The Church in Danger!
- 6 Protecting the Weakest
- 7 ‘A Free, Valid and Purely Ecclesiastical Episcopacy’
- 8 Church Administration and Reform
- 9 The Dioceses and the Abbey
- 10 High Church Champion
- 11 A Presence in Politics
- 12 ‘Militant Here in Earth’
- 13 Society and Social Reform
- Appendix A SPCK Distributions of Books 1790–1820
- Appendix B List of Horsley’s Scientific Instruments, Reprinted from Sotheby’s Catalogue of the Sale of his Library, 4 May 1807 (Sion College Library)
- Primary Sources
- Selected Secondary Sources
- High Church Prophet
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.