- Title Pages
- A Note On References
- 1 <i>Revision and Religion</i>
- 2 <i>Forging a Polemical Style: Gibbon’s</i> Vindication <i>and Literary Warfare, 1694–1779</i>
- 3 <i>‘Too deeply into the mud of the Arian controversy’: Gibbon and the Early Church Fathers</i>
- 4 <i>‘Enthusiasm and Imposture’: Gibbon and Mahomet</i>
- 5 Gibbon’s Unfinished History
- 6 The ‘Memoirs’: Autobiography in Time of Revolution
- 7 ‘As common as any the most vulgar thing to sense’: Three Versions of the Death of a Father
- 8 ‘Fourteen months, the most barren and unprofitable of my whole life’: Five Versions of Residence in Oxford
- 9 <i>The Making of Gibbon’s</i> Miscellaneous Works
- 2. GIBBON’S ‘MEMOIRS OF MY LIFE’: DRAFTS, CORRESPONDENCE, AND CONTEXT
- Gibbon and the 'Watchmen of the Holy City'
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.