- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Poems Cited in the Text
- 1 Hopkins and Oxford
- 2 Induction and Understanding
- 3 The ‘idea in the mind’
- 4 Moral Philosophy
- 5 Reflexive Self-Consciousness
- 6 The Big Idea
- 7 Hopkins' Mechanistic Ontology
- 8 ‘the flush and foredrawn’
- 9 Stress, Selves, and Subjectivity
- 10 Stress and Breath
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.