- Title Pages
- A Note on Texts
- 1 The Healthy Text: Scott, the Monsters, and the Critics
- 2 Gothic: The Passages that Lead to Nothing
- 3 Fictions of Authenticity: The Frame Narratives and Notes of the Waverley Novels
- 4 Secrecy, Silence, and Anxiety: Gothic Narratology and the Waverley Novels
- 5 Phantoms of Revolution: Five Case-Studies of Fictional Convention and Social Analysis
- 6 ‘Ripping Up Auld Stories’: Exhumation and the Gothic Imagination in <i>Redgauntlet</i>
- Conclusion: Labyrinth, Origin, and the Gothic House of Mystery: <i>Woodstock</i>
- Legitimate Histories
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.