- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Predawn of Head Start
- Chapter 2 The Two Roots of Head Start
- Chapter 3 Head Start’s Early Years
- Chapter 4 A Conflict of Cultures
- Chapter 5 Reinventing Head Start
- Chapter 6 The Failed Union of Head Start and Child Care
- Chapter 7 Coaxing Science to the Rescue
- Chapter 8 President Jimmy Carter, Head Start’s Misunderstood Friend
- Chapter 9 Ronald Reagan “Saves” Head Start
- Chapter 10 George H. W. Bush, the “Education President”
- Chapter 11 Head Start’s Golden Years under the Clinton Administration
- Chapter 12 George W. Bush versus Head Start
- Chapter 13 Does Head Start Work? Does it Work Enough?
- Chapter 14 Deploying the Lessons in Head Start’s History
- The Hidden History of Head Start
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.