C.1 PAPERS REVIEWED (113)
1. Aktulga E, Altac M, Muftuoglu A, Ozyazgan Y, Pazarli H, Tuzun Y, Yalcin B, Yazici H, Yurdakul S: A double blind study of colchicine in Behcet’s disease. Haematologica 65:399–402, 1980.
2. Alacron-Segovia D: Long-term treatment of symptomatic osteoarthritis with benoxaprofen. Double-blind comparison with aspirin and ibuprofen. J Rheumatol 7(suppl 6):89–99, 1980.
3. Antarkar DS, Vaidya AB, Doshi JC, Athavale AV, Vinchoo KS, Natekar MR, Tathed PS, Ramesh V, Kale N: A double-blind clinical trial of Arogya-wardhani—an Ayurvedic drug—in acute viral hepatitis. Indian J Med Res 72:588–593, 1980.
4. Australian Therapeutic Trial in Mild Hypertension Management Committee: Australian Therapeutic Trial in Mild Hypertension. Lancet 1:1261–1267, 1980.
5. Bain J, Rachlis V, Robert E, Khait Z: The combined use of oral medroxyprogesterone acetate and methyltestosterone in a male contraceptive trial programme. Contraception 21:365–379, 1980.
6. Banham SW, Moran F: A clinical trial of oxatomide in asthma. Br J Clin Pract 34:323–326, 1980.
7. Barlow JJ, Piver MS, Lele SB: High-dose methotrexate with “rescue” plus cyclophosphamide as initial chemotherapy in ovarian adenocarcinoma. A randomized trial with observations on the influence of C parvum immunotherapy. Cancer 46:1333–1338, 1980.
8. Blechman WJ: Crossover comparison of benoxaprofen and naproxen in osteoarthritis. J Rheumatol 7(suppl 6): 116–124, 1980.
9. Bone GE, Pomajzl MJ: Prospective comparison of polytetrafluorethylene and bovine grafts for dialysis. J Surg Res 29:223–227, 1980.
10. Brewer C: Prevention of infection after abortion with a supervised single dose of oral doxycycline. Br Med J 281:780–781, 1980.
11. Brooks PM, Hill W, Geddes R: Diclofenac and ibuprofen in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Med J Aust 1:29–30, 1980.
12. Cardozo LD, Stanton SL, Robinson H, Hole D: Evaluation of flurbiprofen in detrusor instability. Br Med J 280:281–282, 1980.
13. Carmichael J, Bloomfield P, Crompton GK: Comparison of fenoterol and terbutaline administered by intermittent positive pressure breathing. Br J Dis Chest 74:268–272, 1980.
14. Cohen MM, Cheung G, Lyster DM: Prevention of aspirin-induced fecal blood loss in men with prostaglandin E2. Adv Prostaglandin Thromboxane Res 8:1525–1528, 1980.
15. Collum LM, Benedict-Smith A, Hillary IB: Randomised double-blind trial of acyclovir and idoxuridine in dendritic corneal ulceration. Br J Ophthalmol 64:766–769, 1980.
16. Coope J: Blood pressure in the elderly. J R Coll Gen Pract (Occas Pap) 12:35–37, 1980.
17. Cooper SA, Precheur H, Rauch D, Rosenheck A, Ladov M, Engel J: Evaluation of oxycodone and acetaminophen in treatment of postoperative dental pain. Oral Surg 50:496–501, 1980.
18. Cooper SA, Reynolds DC, Kruger GO, Gottlieb S: An analgesic relative potency assay comparing zomepirac sodium and aspirin. J Clin Pharmacol 20:98–106, 1980.
19. Cross FS, Long MW, Banner AS, Snider DE, Jr: Rifampin-isoniazid therapy of alcoholic and nonalcoholic tuberculosis patients in a U.S. Public Health Service cooperative therapy trial. Am Rev Respir Dis 122:349–353, 1980.(p.356)
20. D’Angelo LJ, Sokol RJ: Short-versus long-course prophylactic antibiotic treatment in cesarean section patients. Obstet Gynecol 55:583–586, 1980.
21. Davidson ED, Hersh T, Perkel MS, Moore C, Fajman WA: The effects of coherin on patients with idiopathic delayed gastric emptying. Am J Gastroenterology 74:419–422, 1980.
22. Davies J, Dixon AS, Steele CE: Tolmetin sodium and indomethacin in the treatment of osteoarthrosis of the hip: A double-blind crossover study. Curr Med Res Opin 7:115–120, 1980.
23. DeAndrade JR, Honig S, Ciccone WJ, Leffall L: Clinical comparison of zomepirac with pentazocine in the treatment of postoperative pain. J Clin Pharmacol 20:292–297, 1980.
24. Depew W, Boyer T, Omata M, Redeker A, Reynolds T: Double-blind controlled trial of prednisolone therapy in patients with severe acute alcoholic hepatitis and spontaneous encephalopathy. Gastroenterotogy 78:524–529, 1980.
25. Dyson AJ, Mackay AD: Two oral beta-adrenergic stimulant drugs, pirbuterol and salbutamol, in reversible airway obstruction. Br J Dis Chest 74:70–74, 1980.
26. Fairfax AJ, McNabb WR, Davies HJ, Spiro SG: Slow-release oral salbutamol and aminophylline in nocturnal asthma: Relation of overnight changes in lung function and plasma drug levels. Thorax 35:526–530, 1980.
27. Fiasse R, Hanin C, Lepot A, Descamps C, Lamy F, Dive C: Controlled trial of cimetidine in reflux esophagitis. Dig Dis Sci 25:750–755, 1980.
28. Forbes JA, White RW, White EH, Hughes MK: An evaluation of the analgesic efficacy of proquazone and aspirin in postoperative dental pain. J Clin Pharmacol 7:465–474, 1980.
29. Foster CS, Duncan J: Randomized clinical trial of topically administered cromolyn sodium for vernal keratoconjunctivitis. Am J Ophlhalmol 90:175–181, 1980.
30. Gairola RL, Gupta PK, Pandley K: Antagonists of morphine-induced respiratory depression: A study in postoperative patients. Anaesthesia 35:17–21, 1980.
31. Groggins RC, Lenney W, Milner AD, Stokes GM: Efficacy of orally administered salbutamol and theophylline in pre-school children with asthma. Arch Dis Child 55:204–206, 1980.
32. Guinan ME, MacCalman J, Kern ER, Overall JC, Jr, Spruance SL: Topical ether and herpes simplex labialis. JAMA 243:1059–1061, 1980.
33. Henkin RE, Woodruff A, Chang W, Green AM: The effect of radiopharmaceutical incubation time on bone scan quality. Radiology 135:463–466, 1980.
34. Hill JF: Clinical comparison of the (polymacon) spin-cast hydrogel contact lens to the (polymacon) lathecut hydrogel lenses. Am J Optom Physiol Opt 57:523–527, 1980.
35. Hillas JL, Somerfield SD, Wilson JD, Aman MG: Azatadine maleate in perennial allergic rhinitis: Effects on clinical symptoms and choice reaction time. Br J Clin Pharmacol 10:573–577, 1980.
36. Hillson RM, Boyd E, Cunningham J: Prophylactic disopyramide: Its clinical effects related to plasma concentration in myocardial infarction. J Int Med Res 8:314–320, 1980.
37. Hortobagyi GN, Yap HY, Wiseman CL. Blamenschein GR, Buzdar AU, Legha SS, Gutterman JU, Hersh EM, Bodey GP: Chemoimmunotherapy for metastatic breast cancer with 5-fluorouracil, adriamycin, cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, L-asparaginase, corynebacterium parvum and pseudomonas vaccine. Cancer Treat Rep 64:157–159, 1980.
38. Hubay CA, Pearson OH, Marshall JS, Rhodes RS, DeBanne SM, Rosenblatt J, Mansour EG, Hermann RE, Jones JC, Flynn WJ, Eckert C, McGuire WL: Adjuvant chemotherapy, antiestrogen therapy and immunotherapy for stage II breast cancer: 45-month follow-up of a prospective, randomized clinical trial. Cancer 46(suppl 12):2805–2808, 1980.
39. Iles JD: Relief of postoperative pain by ibuprofen: A report of two studies. Can J Surg 23:288–290, 1980.
40. Jacobi GH, Altwein JE, Kurth KH, Basting R, Hohenfellner R: Treatment of advanced prostatic cancer with parenteral cyproterone acetate: A phase III randomized trial. Br J Urol 52:208–215, 1980.
41. Joos C, Kewitz H, Reinhold-Kourniati D: Effects of diuretics on plasma lipoproteins in healthy men. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 17:251–257, 1980.
42. Kayasseh L, Gyr K, Keller U, Stalder GA, Wall M: Somotostatin and cimetidine in peptic-ulcer hemorhage: A randomised controlled trial. Lancet 1:844–846, 1980.
43. Khan AKA, Akhtar S, Mahtab H: Treatment of diabetes mellitus with Coccinia indica. Br Med J 28:1044, 1980.(p.357)
44. Kim KK, Sirman A, Trainor FS, Lee BY: Anxiolytic efficacy and safety of ketazolam compared with diazepam and placebo. Clin Ther 3:9–14, 1980.
45. Kobayashi K, Nakaoka K, Tsuji H, Shohmori T: Effects of thyrotropin-releasing hormone in chronic schizophrenic patients. Acta Med Okayama 34:263–273, 1980.
46. Koyama H, Wada T, Takahashi Y, Nishizawa Y, Iwanaga T, Aoki Y, Terasawa T, Kosaki G, Kajita A, Wada A: Surgical adjuvant chemotherapy with mitomycin C and cyclophosphamide in Japanese patients with breast cancer. Cancer 46:2373–2379, 1980.
47. Lambert WG, Mullinger BM: Single-dose cefuroxime in the prophylaxis of abdominal wound sepsis. Curr Med Res Opin 6:404–406, 1980.
48. Lassus A: Systemic treatment of psoriasis with an oral retinoic acid derivative (Ro 10–9359). Br J Dermatol 102:195–202, 1980.
49. Lawrence CM, Millac P, Stout GS, Ward JW: The use of choline chloride in ataxic disorders. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 43:452–454, 1980.
50. Levitt NS, Vinik AI, Sive AA, Laff LJ, Phillips C: Synthetic luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone in impotent male diabetics: A double-blind cross-over trial. S Afr Med J 57:701–704, 1980.
51. Lutterodt A, Nattel S, McLeod PJ: Duration of antihypertensive effect of a single daily dose of hydrochlorothiazide. Clin Pharmacol Ther 27:324–327, 1980.
52. MacGregor AJ, Addy A: Value of penicillin in the prevention of pain, swelling and trismus following the removal of ectopic mandibular third molars. Int J Oral Surg 9:166–172, 1980.
53. Mackay AD: Amoxycillin versus ampicillin in treatment of exacerbations of chronic bronchitis. Br J Dis Chest 74:379–384, 1980.
54. Manyam NV, Hare TA, Katz L: Effect of isoniazid on cerebrospinal fluid and plasma gaba levels in Huntington’s disease. Life Sci 26:1303–1308, 1980.
55. Marcial VA, Hanley JA, Chang C, Davis LW, Moscol JA: Split-course radiation therapy of carcinoma of the nasopharnyx: Results of a national collaborative clinical trial of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 6:409–414, 1980.
56. Marks IN, Wright JP, Denyer M, Garisch JA, Lucke W: Comparison of sucralfate with cimetidine in the short-term treatment of chronic pepticulcers. S Afr Med J 57:567–573, 1980.
57. Mendlewicz J, Linkowski P, Rees JA: A double-blind comparison of dothiepin and amitriptyline in patients with primary affective disorder: Serum levels and clinical response. Br J Psychiatry 136:154–160, 1980.
58. Merkatz IR, Peter JB, Barden TP: Ritodrine hydrochloride: A betamimetic agent for use in preterm labor: II. Evidence of efficacy. Obstet Gynecol 56:7–12, 1980.
59. Meyhoff HH, Hess J, Olesen KP: Pulmonary atelectasis following upper urinary tract surgery on patients in the 25° and 45° “jack-knife” position: A sequential analysis. Scand J Urol Nephrol 14:107–109, 1980.
60. Milman N, Scheibel J, Jessen O: Lysine prophylaxis in recurrent herpes simplex labialis: A double-blind, controlled crossover study. Acta Derm Venereol 60:85–87, 1980.
61. Mishra PC, Agarwal VK, Rahman H: Therapeutic trial of amitryptiline in the treatment of nocturnal enuresis—a controlled study. Indian Pediatr 17:279–285, 1980.
62. Moertel CG, Hanley JA, Johnson LA: Streptozocin alone compared with streptozocin plus fluorouracil in the treatment of advanced islet-cell carcinoma. N Engl J Med 303:1189–1194, 1980.
63. Mogg GA, Arabi Y, Youngs D, Johnson M, Bentley S, Burdon DW, Keighley MR: Therapeutic trials of antibiotic associated colitis. Scand J Infec Dis Suppl 22:41–45, 1980.
64. Moncloa F, Hwang IK, Muccilli AC: Multiclinic evaluation of the antihypertensive effect of a methyldopa, hydrochlorothiazine, and amiloride combination. Clin Ther 3:168–175, 1980.
65. Morisky DE, Levine DM, Green LW, Russell RP, Smith C, Benson P, Finlay J: The relative impact of health education for low-and high-risk patients with hypertension. Prev Med 9:550–558, 1980.
66. Muller-Lissner SA, Sonnenberg A, Eichenberger P, Blum AL: Ranitidine inhibits gastric acid and pepsin secretion following sham feeding. Hepatogastroenterology 27:377–380, 1980.
67. Munzenberg J, Tachibana S: Preliminary double-blind evaluation of a new, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug: proctacine. Pharmatherapeutica 2:279–284, 1980.
68. Mussche RA, Kluyskens P: Prognosis of primarily treated localized laryngeal carcinoma ameliorated through levamisole treatment: A randomized pilot study. Oncology 37:329–335, 1980.(p.358)
69. Nanda RN, Arthur GP, Johnson RH, Lambie DG: Cimetidine in the prophylaxis of migraine. Acta Neurol Scand 62:90–95, 1980.
70. Norberg A, Norberg B, Parkhede U, Gippert H, Lundbeck K: Randomized double-blind study of prophylactic methenamine hippurate treatment of patients with indwelling catheters. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 18:497–500, 1980.
71. North JB, Penhall RK, Hanieh A, Hann CS, Challen RG, Frewin DB: Postoperative epilepsy: A double-blind trial of phenyloin after cranioiomy. Lancet 1:384–386, 1980.
72. Paavonen J, Kousa M, Saikku P, Vartiainen E, Kanerva L, Lassus A: Treatment of nongonococcal urethritis with trimethoprim-sulphadiazine and with placebo. A double-blind partner-controlled study. Br J Vener Dis 56:101–104, 1980.
73. Pack AR, Thomson ME: Effects of topical and systemic folic acid supplementation on gingivitis in pregnancy. J Clin Periodontol 7:402–414, 1980.
74. Pegram V, Hyde P, Linton P: Chronic use of triazolam: The effects on the sleep patterns of insomniacs. J Int Med Res 8:224–231, 1980.
75. Petrie WM, McEvoy JP, Wilson WH, Ban TA, Guy W: Viloxazine in the treatment of depressive neurosis: A placebo and standard (imipramine) controlled clinical study. Int Pharmacopsychiatry 15:193–196, 1980.
76. Pettersson RF, Hellstrom PE, Penttinen K, Pyhala R, Tokola O, Vartio T, Visakorpi R: Evaluation of amantadine in the prophylaxis of influenza A(H1N1) virus infection: A controlled field trial among young adults and high-risk patients. J Infect Dis 142:377–383. 1980.
77. Prins D, Mandelkorn T, Cerf FA: Principal and differential effects of haloperidol and placebo treatments upon speech disfluencies in stutterers. J Speech Hear Res 23:614–629, 1980.
78. Reiling RB, Reiling WA Jr., Bernie WA, Huffer AB, Perkins NC, Elliott DW: Prospective controlled study of gastrointestinal stapled anastomoses. Am J Surg 139:147–152, 1980.
79. Ritchie JA, Truelove SC: Comparison of various treatments for irritable bowel syndrome. Br Med J 281:1317–1319, 1980.
80. Rivkin L, Rapaport M: Clinical evaluation of a new erythromycin solution for acne vulgaris. Cutis 25:552–555. 1980.
81. Rofman BA, Kulaga SF, Gabriel MA, Thiyagarajan B, Nancarrow JF, Abrams WB: Multiclinic evaluation of timolol in the treatment of mild-to-moderate essential hypertension. Hypertension 2:643–648, 1980.
82. Rosenthal AL: Clocortolone pivalate: A paired comparison clinical trial of a new topical steroid in eczema/atopic dermatitis. Cutis 25:96–98, 1980.
83. Rune SJ, Zachariassen A: Acute relief of epigastric pain by antacid in duodenal ulcer patients. Scand J Gastroenterol Suppl 15:41–45, 1980.
84. Ruoff GE, Andelman SY, Cannella JJ: Long-term safety zomepirac: A double-blind comparison with aspirin in patients with osteoarthritis. J Clin Pharmacol 20:377–384, 1980.
85. Santini A: The clinical assessment of the pulpotomy technique on teeth of various post-eruptive age groups: A four year assessment using standardized clinical methods (II). Quintessence Int 12:77–80, 1980.
86. Schroeder JS, Rosenthal S, Ginsburg R, Lamb I: Medical therapy of Prinzmetal’s variant angina. Chest 78:231–233, 1980.
87. Scott DH, Arthur GR, Scott DB: Haemodynamic changes following buprenorphine and morphine. Anaesthesia 35(suppl 1): 957–961, 1980.
88. Seedat YK: Trial of atenolol and chlorthalidone for hypertension in black South Africans. Br Med J 281:1241–1243, 1980.
89. Simpson RJ, Tiplady B. Skegg DC: Event recording in a clinical trial of a new medicine. Br Med J 280:1133–1134, 1980.
90. Sleijfer DT, Mulder NH, DeVries-Hospers HG, Fidler V, Nieweg HO, Van Der Waaij D, Van Saene HK: Infection prevention in granulocytopenic patients by selective decontamination of the digestive tract. Eur J Cancer 16:859–869, 1980.
91. Smith JA, Skidmore AG, Forward AD, Clarke AM, Sutherland E: Prospective randomized, double-blind comparison of metronidazole and tobramycin with clindamycin and tobramycin in the treatment of intra-abdominal sepsis. Ann Surg 192:213–220, 1980.(p.359)
92. Souka AR, Osman M, Sibaie F, Einen MA: Therapeutic value of indomethacin in threatened abortion. Prostaglandins 19:457–460, 1980.
93. Stuart RK, Braine HG, Lietman PS, Saral R, Fuller DJ: Carbenicillin-trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole versus carbenicillin-genlamicin as empiric therapy of infection in granulocytopenic patients: A prospective, randomized, double-blind study. Am J Med 68:876–885, 1980.
94. Stunkard AJ, Craighead LW, O’Brien R: Controlled trial of behaviour therapy, pharmacotherapy, and their combination in the treatment of obesity. Lancet 2:1045–1047, 1980.
95. Svennevig JL, Bugge-Asperheim B, Bjorgo S, Kleppe H, Birkeland S: Methyl-prednisolone in the treatment of lung conctusion following blunt chest trauma. Scan J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 14:301–305, 1980.
96. Svensson G, Hegardt B, Lofkvist T: Effects of topical use of beta-adrenoceptor stimulants on nasal mucosa: Rhinomanometric evaluations in experiments with terbutaline and KWD 2131. Acta Otolaryngol 90:297–303, 1980.
97. Szmuness W, Stevens CE, Harley EJ, Zang EA, Oleszko WR, William DC, Sadovsky R, Morrison JM, Kellner A: Hepatitis B vaccine: Demonstration of efficacy in a controlled clinical trial in a high-risk population in the United States. N Engl J Med 303:833–841, 1980.
98. Theroux P, Waters DD, Debaisieux JC, Szlachcic J, Mizgala HF, Bourassa MG: Hemodynamic effects of calcium ion antagonists after acute myocardial infarction. Clin Invest Med 3:81–85, 1980.
99. Turkington RW: Depression masquerading as diabetic neuropathy. JAMA 243:1147–1150, 1980.
100. Vedin A, Wikstrand J, Wilhelmsson C, Wallentin I: Left ventricular function and beta-blockade in chronic ischaemic heart failure: Double-blind cross-over study of propranolol and penbutolol using non-invasive techniques. Br Heart J 44:101–107, 1980.
101. Velasco M, Guevara J, Morillo J, Ramirez A, Urbina-Quintana A, Hernandez-Pieretti O: Antihypertensive effect of atenolol alone or combined with chlorthalidone in patients with essential hypertension. Br J Clin Pharmacol 9:499–504. 1980.
102. Von Knorring L: A double-blind trial: Vivalan against placebo in depressed elderly patients. J Int Med Res 8:18–21, 1980.
103. Walinder J, Carlsson A, Persson R, Wallin L: Potentiation of the effect of antidepressant drugs by tryptophan. Acta Psychiatr Scand Suppl 61:243–249, 1980.
104. Washton AM, Resnick RB: Clonidine versus methadone for opiate detoxification: Double-blind out-patient trials. Natl Inst Drug Abuse Res Monogr Ser 34:89–94, 1980.
105. Weibel RE, Villarejos VM, Klein EB, Buynak EB, McLean AA, Hilleman MR: Clinical and laboratory studies of live attenuated RA 27/3 and HPV77-DE rubella virus vaccines (40931). Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 165:44–49, 1980.
106. White PF, Ham J, Way WL, Trevor AJ: Pharmacology of ketamine isomers in surgical patients. Anesthesiology 52:231–239, 1980.
107. Whittington J, Raftery EB: A controlled comparison of oxyfedrine, isosorbide dinitrate and placebo in the treatment of patients suffering attacks of angina pectoris. Br J Clin Pharmacol 10:211–215, 1980.
108. Williams KA, Ting A, French ME, Oliver D: Peroperative blood transfusions improve cadaveric renal-allograft survival in non-transfused recipients. Lancet 1:1104–1106, 1980.
109. Wilson EA: Diazepam and local anaesthetic spray versus general anaesthesia for gastroduodenoscopy. S Afr Med J 57:111–113, 1980.
110. Wilson WR, Byl FM, Laird N: The efficacy of steroids in the treatment of idiopathic sudden hearing loss: A double-blind clinical study. Arch Otolaryngol 106:772–776, 1980.
111. Wordsworth BP, Ebringer RW, Coggins E, Smith S: A double-blind crossover trial of fenoprofen and phenylbutazone in ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatol Rehabil 19:260–263, 1980.
112. Zykov MP, Rudenko LG, Zoshchenkova NY, Rafael* Skaya TI: Subunit influenza vaccine and its testing in clinical immunology. J Hyg Epidemiol Microbiol Immunol 24:212–218. 1980.
113. (No author listed): The treatment of dyspepsia in general practice: A multicentre trial. Practitioner 224:105–107, 1980.
C.2 PAPERS EXCLUDED (67)
114. Adams FG, Horton PW, Selim SM: Clinical comparison of three liver scanning agents. Eur J Nucl Med 5:237–239, 1980.(p.360)
115. Andreasen G: A clinical trial of alignment of teeth using a 0.019 inch thermal nitinol wire with a transition temperature range between 31° C, and 45° C. Am J Orthod 78:528–537, 1980.
116. Anturan: New use for an old drug. Can Med Assoc J 120:714–716, 1980.
117. Baker HW, Pepperell RJ: Lack of effect of bromocriptine on semen quality in men with normal or slightly elevated prolactin levels. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 20:158–161, 1980.
118. Banta HD, Thacker SB: More fetal monitoring debate (letter). Pediatrics 65:366–368, 1980.
119. Bedikian AY, Valdivieso M, Heilbrun LK, Withers RH, Bodey GP, Freireich EJ: Glycerol: An alternative to dexamethasone for patients receiving brain irradiation for metastatic disease. South Med J 73:1210–1214, 1980.
120. Beutler E, Dale GL, Kuhl W: Replacement therapy in Gaucher disease. Birth Defects 16:369–381, 1980.
121. Bicher HI, Sandhu TS, Hetzel FW: Hyperthermia and radiation in combination: A clinical fractionation regime. Int J Radial Oncol Biol Phys 6:867–870, 1980.
122. Bird HA, Wright V, Galloway D: Clinical metrology—a future career grade? Lancet 2:138–140, 1980.
123. Borden EC, Hawkins MJ: Interferons for human neoplastic and viral diseases. Compr Ther 6:6–15, 1980.
124. Bruni J, Wilder BJ, Bauman AW, Willmore LJ: Clinical efficacy and long-term effects of valproic acid therapy on spike-and-wave discharges. Neurology 30:42–46, 1980.
125. Calne RY: Immunosuppression for organ grafting. Transplant Proc 12:239–243, 1980.
126. Cantell K: Interferon: The state of the art. Triangle 19:47–51. 1980.
127. Carter SK: Clinical chemotherapy: Its correlation with experimental models. Recent Results Cancer Res 75:31–36, 1980.
128. Chastang C, Auquier A, Gremy F: Prognostic knowledge: Interest and methods. Bull Cancer 67:430–436, 1980.
129. Chew CY, Brown BG, Singh BN, Hecht HS, Schnugg SJ, Wong M, Shah PM, Dodge HT: Mechanism of action of verapamil in ischemic heart disease: Observations on changes in systemic and coronary hemodynamics and coronary vasomobility. Clin Invest Med 3:151–158, 1980.
130. Conti CR: Management of stable and unstable angina with observations on lessons learned from the prospective controlled studies. Adv Cardiol 27:191–198, 1980.
131. Crowe JP, Phelan JJ, Cleere WF, Fottrell PF, McNicholl B, McCarthy CF: The lymphocyte transformation test in coeliac disease: Effect of gliadin and detoxified gliadin. Digestion 20:95–99, 1980.
132. Cunliffe WJ: Techniques in the investigation of acne. Acta Derm Venereol Suppl 89:39–46, 1980.
133. Davis TG, Pickett DL, Schlosser JH: Evaluation of a worldwide spontaneous reporting system with cimetidine. JAMA 243:1912–1914, 1980.
134. Donald JF, Rimmer DM: An open evaluation of a 3-day course of pivmecillinam (ten 200 mg tablets) in women with acute uncomplicated cystitis. J Int Med Res 8:112–117, 1980.
135. Emanueli A, Sacchetti G: An algorithm for the classification of untoward events in large scale clinical trials. Agents Actions Suppl 7:318–322, 1980.
136. Epstein M: Sounding boards. The LeVeen shunt for ascites and hepatorenal syndrome. N Engl J Med 302:628–630, 1980.
137. Fink M, Irwin P: EEG and behavioral profile of flutroline (CP-36, 584): A novel antipsychotic drug. Psychopharmacology 72:67–71, 1980.
138. Freeman H, Soni SD: Oxypertine for tardive dyskinesia (letter). Br J Psychiatry 136:522–523, 1980.
139. Friedman LM: Summary of design features: Clinical trials of platelet-active drugs in cerebrovascular disease. Circulation 62 (suppl V): V-88–V-89, 1980.
140. Furberg CD: Principles of clinical trials: U.S. viewpoint. Triangle 19:99–102, 1980.
141. George SL: Sequential clinical trials in cancer research. Cancer Treat Rep 64:393–397, 1980.
142. Gonzalez ER: Study to begin on whether aspirin can delay senile cataract formation. JAMA 244:2593–2594, 1980.
143. Gross F: Medical, ethical and legal aspects of clinical trials in pediatrics. Summary of a forum discussion held at the International Workshop on Perinatal and Pediatric Aspects of Clinical Pharmacology, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany, February 27–29, 1980. Eur J Clin Pharmacol 18:121–127, 1980.
144. Hansen M, Hansen HH, Dombernowsky P: Long-term survival in small cell carcinoma of the lung. JAMA 244:247–250, 1980.(p.361)
145. Herting RL, Lane AZ, Lorber RR, Wright JJ: Netilmicin: Chemical development and overview of clinical research. Scand J Infec Dis Suppl 23:20–29, 1980.
146. Hildebrand H, Berg NO, Hoevels J, Ursing B: Treatment of Crohn’s Disease with metronidazole in childhood and adolescence: Evaluation of a six months trial. Gastroenterol Clin Biol 4:19–25, 1980.
147. Holt JA: Microwave adjuvant to radiotherapy and chemotherapy for advanced lymphoma (letter). Med J Aust 2:159–160, 1980.
148. Jerie P: Clinical experience with guanfacine in long-term treatment of hypertension. Br J Clin Pharmacol Suppl 10:37S–47S, 1980.
149. Lazzara R, Scherlag B: Treatment of arrhythmias by blocking slow current. Ann Inter Med 93:919–921, 1980.
150. Lewison EF: Changing concepts in breast cancer. Cancer 46(suppl 4):859–864, 1980.
151. Lorenz W, Fischer M, Rohde H, Triodl H, Reimann HJ, Ohmann C: Histamine and stress ulcer: New components in organizing a sequential trial on cimetidine prophylaxis in seriously ill patients and definition of a special group at risk (severe polytrauma). Klin Wochenschr 58:653–665, 1980.
152. Marcus P. Clinical trial or promotional exercise? (letter). Lancet 1:827, 1980.
153. McConkey B, Amos RS, Billingham ME, Constable TJ, Crockson RA, Crockson AP, Forster PJ: Rheumatoid arthritis: Effects of a new agent (ICI 55 897) on serum acute phase proteins and the erythrocyte sedimentation rate. Ann Rheum Dis 39:18–21, 1980.
154. Measham AR, Khan AR, Huber DH: Dizziness associated with discontinuation of oral contraceptives in Bangladesh. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 18:109–112, 1980.
155. Menken MM: Evaluation of surgical therapy (letter). N Engl J Med 303:399, 1980.
156. Meyer BH, Hugo JM: Etomidate as anaesthetic induction agent in open-heart surgery. S Afr Med J 58:759–761, 1980.
157. Muser RK: Design of clinical trials for new drugs in animals. J Am Vet Med Assoc 176:1148–1150, 1980.
158. Norton A: Psychosurgery—why not ban it? J R Soc Med 73:526–528, 1980.
159. Oswald I: Sleep studies in clinical pharmacology. Br J Clin Pharmacol 10:317–326, 1980.
160. Owen M, Hills LJ: How safe is dextropropoxyphene? (letter). Med J Aust 1:617–618, 1980.
161. Pavelka K, Vojtisek O, Kankova D: The occurrence of adverse side-effects during controlled clinical trials of nonsteroidal antirheumatic agents. Rheumatol Rehabil 19:109–112, 1980.
162. Pethybridge RJ: Data Analysis: I. Some statistical tests for small related samples. J R Nav Med Serv 66:135–139, 1980.
163. Piver MS, Barlow JJ, Dunbar J: Doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, and 5-fluorouracil in patients with carcinoma of the cervix or vagina. Cancer Treat Rep 64:549–551, 1980.
164. Poster DS, Penta J, Marsoni S, Bruno S, Macdonald JS: Bis-diketopiperazine derivatives in clinical oncology: ICRF-159. Cancer Clin Trials 3:315–320, 1980.
165. Redaksie VD: Sulphinpyrazone in the prevention of cardiac death after myocardial infarction (editorial). S Afr Med J 57:301–302, 1980.
166. Relman AS: Sulfinpyrazone after myocardial infarction: No decision yet (editorial). N Engl J Med 303:1476–1477, 1980.
167. Sauerbruch T, Kaess H: The Anturane Reinfarction Trial (letter). N Engl J Med 303:49–50, 1980.
168. Schultz RM: Less empirical interferon trials in cancer (letter). Lancet 2:1362, 1980.
169. Sebille A, Hugelin A: Muscle reinnervation enhanced by isaxonine in man. Br J Clin Pharmacol 9:275–276, 1980.
170. Sklaroff RB, Yagoda A: Methotrexate in the treatment of penile carcinoma. Cancer 45:214–216, 1980.
171. Spiers AS, Kasimis BS, Janis MG: High-dose intravenous infusions of 5-fluorouracil for refractory solid tumours—the HI-FU regimen. Clin Oncol 6:63–69, 1980.
172. Svedmyr N: General aspects on evaluation of drug effects on cough and expectoration. Eur J Respir Dis 110(suppl 61):81–92, 1980.
173. Van Durme JP: Evaluation of the antiarrhythmic efficacy of mexiletine in patients with chronic ventricular arrhythmias. Acta Cardiol Suppl 25:121–125, 1980.
174. Verstraete M: Registry of prospective clinical trials: Fourth report. Thromb Haemost 43:176–181, 1980.
175. Vietti TJ: Evaluation of toxicity: Clinical issues. Cancer Treat Rep 64:457–461, 1980.(p.362)
176. (no author listed): Ethical and legal considerations associated with clinical field trials: Discussion. J Dent Res 59(special Issue C): 1267–1270, 1980.
177. (no author listed): Experimental evaluation of antitumor drugs in the USA and USSR and clinical correlations: Nail Cancer Inst Monogr 55:1–179, 1980.
178. (no author listed): Radial keratotomy—an operation for myopia. Med Lett Drugs Ther 22:97–98, 1980.
179. (no author listed): Small cell carcinoma of the bronchus—real progress is hard to come by (editorial). Lancet 1:77–78, 1980.
180. (no author listed): Trifluridine (Viroptic) for herpetic keratitis. Med Lett Drugs Ther 22:46–48, 1980.