- Title Pages
- 1 Origins of Myth
- 2 Backgrounds to Twentieth-Century Ideology
- 3 Arminius in National Socialism
- 4 Nationalism at a Boil
- 5 National Socialism
- 6 Historical Myth on Screen in the 1960s
- 7 Against Ideology
- 8 After Ideology
- 9 History Without Ideology
- 10 Arminius in the New World
- Appendix 1 The Chief Ancient Accounts of the Defeat of Varus
- Appendix 2 The Lyrics of Die alten Deutschen
- Appendix 3 Paul Warncke, Vorspruch zum Hermannsfilm
- Appendix 4 The Main Texts of the Program Book for Die Hermannschlacht
- Appendix 5 Two Poems Addressing Hitler During His Election Campaign
- Appendix 6 The Nazi-Era Lyrics of Gab’s darum eine Hermannschlacht?
- Appendix 7 Text Excerpts: Hermann and the Hitler Youth
- Arminius the Liberator
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.