- Title Pages
- PREFACE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- LIST OF FIGURES
- CHAPTER 1 Introduction
- CHAPTER 2 Reductive Explanation and the ‘Explanatory Gap’
- CHAPTER 3 Natural Theories of Consciousness
- CHAPTER 4 HOP over FOR, HOT Theory
- CHAPTER 5 Phenomenal Concepts and Higher-Order Experiences
- CHAPTER 6 Dual-Content Theory: the Explanatory Advantages
- CHAPTER 7 Conscious Thinking: Language Or Elimination?
- CHAPTER 8 Conscious Experience Versus Conscious Thought
- CHAPTER 9 Sympathy and Subjectivity
- CHAPTER 10 Suffering without Subjectivity
- CHAPTER 11 Why the Question of Animal Consciousness Might not Matter Very Much
- CHAPTER 12 On Being Simple-Minded
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.