- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Abbreviations
- 1 Introduction: Social Movements, Contentious Actions, and Social Networks: ‘From Metaphor to Substance’?
- 2 Social Networks Matter. But How?
- 3 Movement Development and Organizational Networks: The Role of ‘Single Members’ In the German Nazi Party, 1925–30
- 4 Networks in Opposition: Linking Organizations through Activists in the Polish People's Republic
- 5 ‘Leaders’ Or Brokers? Positions and Influence in Social Movement Networks
- 6 Community Embeddedness and Collaborative Governance in the San Francisco Bay Area Environmental Movement
- 7 Contentious Connections in Great Britain, 1828–34
- 8 Networks, Diffusion, and Cycles of Collective Action
- 9 Movement in Context: Thick Networks and Japanese Environmental Protest
- 10 Why Do Networks Matter? Rationalist and Structuralist Interpretations
- 11 Cross‐Talk in Movements: Reconceiving the Culture‐Network Link
- 12 Beyond Structural Analysis: Toward a More Dynamic Understanding of Social Movements
- 13 Networks and Social Movements: A Research Programme
- Social Movements and Networks
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.