- Title Pages
- Notes on Editors and Contributors
- Technical Notes
- Elections and Electoral Systems in Asia and the Pacific
- China (People's Republic)
- Korea (Democratic People's Republic/ North Korea)
- Korea (Republic of Korea/ South Korea)
- Taiwan (Republic of China)
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Fiji Islands
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- (p.143) Malaysia
- Elections in Asia and the Pacific : A Data Handbook
Kevin YL Tan
- Oxford University Press
Includes all relevant information on national elections and referendums held in the Philippines since 1907. Part I gives a comprehensive overview of Philippine political history, outlines the evolution of electoral provisions, and presents the current electoral legislation in a standardized manner (suffrage, elected institutions, nomination of candidates, electoral system, organizational context of elections). Part II includes exhaustive electoral statistics in systematic tables (numbers of registered voters, votes cast, the votes for candidates and parties in parliamentary and presidential elections at the national level and referendums, the electoral participation of political parties, the distribution of parliamentary seats, etc.).
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.