- Title Pages
- List of Contributors
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Peace, Liberty, and Democracy: Realists and Liberals Contest a Legacy
- 2 US Democracy Promotion: Realist Reflections
- 3 US Democracy Promotion: Critical Questions
- 4 National Security Liberalism and American Foreign Policy
- 5 America's Liberal Grand Strategy: Democracy and National Security in the Post‐War Era
- 6 America's Identity, Democracy Promotion and National Interests: Beyond Realism, Beyond Idealism
- 7 Promotion of Democracy as Popular Demand?
- 8 Taking Stock of Democracy Assistance
- 9 ‘High Stakes’ and ‘Low‐Intensity Democracy’: Understanding America's Policy of Promoting Democracy
- 10 Wilsonianism Resurgent? The Clinton Administration and the Promotion of Democracy
- 11 Russia: Limping Along Towards American Democracy?
- 12 Three Frameworks in Search of a Policy: US Democracy Promotion in Asia‐Pacific
- 13 The Impasse of Third World Democratization: Africa Revisited
- 14 Promoting Capitalist Polyarchy: The Case of Latin America
- 15 American Power, Neo‐liberal Economic Globalization, and Low‐Intensity Democracy: An Unstable Trinity
List of Tables
List of Tables
- American Democracy Promotion
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.