- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Abbreviations
- List of Contributors
- 1 Introduction: Amsterdam and Beyond
- 2 The Amsterdam Treaty: The Blueprint for the Future Institutional Balance?
- 3 The European Commission: A Balancing Act Between Autonomy and Dependence
- 4 The Slow March of European Legislation: The Implementation of Directives
- 5 Beyond Amsterdam: Regional Integration as Social Process
- 6 Executive Selection in the European Union: Does the Commission President Investiture Procedure Reduce the Democratic Deficit?
- 7 Justifying Comitology: The Promise of Deliberation
- 8 Political Representation in the European Union: A Common Whole, Various Wholes, or Just a Hole?
- 9 Negotiating Flexible Integration in the Amsterdam Treaty
- 10 Flexibility: A Tool of Integration or a Restraint on Disintegration?
- 11 Abuses of Asymmetry: Privilege and Exclusion
- 12 East of Amsterdam: The Implications of the Amsterdam Treaty for Eastern Enlargement
- 13 Precedents and Present Events in the European Union: An Institutional Perspective on Treaty Reform
- 14 A Blairite Treaty: Neo‐Liberalism and Regulated Capitalism in the Treaty of Amsterdam
- 15 Constitutional Settlements and the Citizen After the Treaty of Amsterdam
- 16 The Embedded Acquis Communautaire: Transmission Belt and Prism of New Governance
- European Integration After Amsterdam
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.