- Title Pages
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- 1 Natural Resources and Economic Growth: Towards a Definition of Sustainability
- 2 The Tragedy of the Commons
- 3 The Property Rights School Solution: The Privatization Programme
- 4 The Unregulated Common Property: The Prisoner's Dilemma Revisited
- 5 Co‐Ordination and Leadership in the Unregulated Common Property: Some Lessons from Game Theory
- 6 Moral Norms and Co‐Operation
- 7 The Possibility of Co‐Operation: Lessons from Experimental Social Psychology
- 8 The Regulated Common Property
- 9 Some Concluding Reflections on the Privatization of Common Property Resources
- Part II The Feasibility of Local‐Level Resource Management: An Empirical Assessment
- 10 Were People Traditionally Conservationists?
- 11 Recent Changes Affecting Collective Action at Village Level
- 12 Conditions for Successful Collective Action: Insights from Field Experiences
- 13 Co‐Management as a New Approach to Regulation of Common Property Resources
- General Conclusion
- Halting Degradation of Natural Resources
- Oxford University Press
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.