- Title Pages
- Introduction The Catholic Principle
- 1 The Concept of Catholicity: Yesterday and Today
- 2 Catholicity from Above: The Fullness of God in Christ
- 3 Catholicity from Below: The Aspirations of Nature
- 4 Catholicity in Breadth: Mission and Communion
- 5 Catholicity in Length: Tradition and Development
- 6 The Structures of Catholicity: Sacramental and Hierarchical
- 7 The Centre of Catholicity: Roman Primacy
- 8 Catholic and Protestant: Contrary or Complementary?
- Conclusion Prospects for Catholicity
- Appendix I Representative Texts on the Church as Catholic
- Appendix II Meanings of the Word ‘Catholic’
- A. Scriptural References
- New Testament
- B. References to Vatican II
- C. Persons
- D. Subjects
- The Catholicity of the Church
- Oxford University Press
S. J. Avery Cardinal Dulles
Oxford Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.