11,454 books... 20 subject modules... over 400 subdisciplines... over 170,000 illustrations... over 300,000 equations... over 95, 000 chapters... over 8,900 authors... over 2,000,000 pages
Oxford Scholarship Online (OSO) is a vast and rapidly-expanding research library, and has grown to be one of the leading academic research resources in the world. Oxford Scholarship Online offers full-text access to scholarly works from key disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, science, medicine, and law, providing quick and easy access to award-winning Oxford University Press scholarship.Launched in 2003 with four subject modules, Oxford Scholarship Online is now available in the below 20 subject areas:
Why not take a look at our new interactive brochure, a new and exciting way to discover what Oxford Scholarship Online has to offer?
Quality content you can trust
- Scholarly accreditation – each title in Oxford Scholarship Online is extensively peer-reviewed and approved for publication by a board of leading academics from Oxford University, so you can be sure that you are accessing the highest quality academic content
- Regularly updated with new titles three times a year, ensuring users have access to titles at the forefront of academic research and scholarship
- Our list of eminent authors in OSO range from classic thinkers to modern masters, including twentieth-century Nobel Prize winners Anthony J. Leggett, Amartya Sen, and Joseph E. Stiglitz, along with a wealth of award-winning titles.
Streamline the research process
- Filter search results to find content most relevant to your research, quickly and easily
- Search within subject specializations
- View abstracts at both book and chapter level, to get at-a-glance access to the content
- Build bibliographies effortlessly – OSO’s citation export tool provides a format ready to copy and paste, or export to third party software, including ProCiteTM, EndnoteTM, ZoteroTM, and BibtexTM
Customize the user experience
- Create shortcuts to favourite books, chapters, and searches, which can be accessed in future sessions
- Share chapters, titles, abstracts, and search results with colleagues using social bookmarking tools, citation export, and DOIs for direct linking
- There are lots of different ways to view the content – view on screen, in a printer friendly format, or convert to PDF
New paths for further enquiry
- Expand search results to include content from other leading university presses via University Press Scholarship Online
- More options for further research, including editorially selected links to related content from OSO and other Oxford Resources
- Continue research journeys outside of OSO with links from bibliographies and footnotes to additional online content (via OpenURL), such as journals from a wide range of publishers
- For the latest news related specifically to Oxford Scholarship Online, subscribe to the RSS feed from our homepage.
- To receive information about our latest publishing, including subject news and special offers, join our mailing list for North & South America or the UK, Europe & Rest of World.
- Connect via our Social Media channels, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and via the OUP Blog.