9,676 books ... 20 subject modules ... 267 subdisciplines ... over 170,000 illustrations ... over 300,000 equations ... over 95, 000 chapters ... over 8,900 authors ... over 2,000,000 pages
Oxford Scholarship Online (OSO) is a vast and rapidly-expanding research library. Launched in 2003 with four subject modules, Oxford Scholarship Online is now available in 20 subject areas and has grown to be one of the leading academic research resources in the world. Oxford Scholarship Online offers full-text access to academic monographs from key disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, science, medicine, and law, providing quick and easy access to award-winning Oxford University Press scholarship.
Why not take a look at our new interactive brochure, a new and exciting way to discover what Oxford Scholarship Online has to offer?
Quality content you can trust
- Scholarly accreditation – each title in Oxford Scholarship Online is extensively peer-reviewed and approved for publication by a board of leading academics from Oxford University, so you can be sure that you are accessing the highest quality monograph content
- Regularly updated with new titles three times a year, ensuring users have access to titles at the forefront of academic research and scholarship
- Our list of eminent authors in OSO range from classic thinkers to modern masters, including twentieth-century Nobel Prize winners Anthony J. Leggett, Amartya Sen, and Joseph E. Stiglitz, along with a wealth of award-winning titles.
Streamline the research process
- Filter search results to find content most relevant to your research, quickly and easily
- Search within subject specializations
- View abstracts at both book and chapter level, to get at-a-glance access to the content
- Build bibliographies effortlessly – OSO’s citation export tool provides a format ready to copy and paste, or export to third party software, including ProCiteTM, EndnoteTM, ZoteroTM, and BibtexTM
Customize the user experience
- Create shortcuts to favourite books, chapters, and searches, which can be accessed in future sessions
- Share chapters, titles, abstracts, and search results with colleagues using social bookmarking tools, citation export, and DOIs for direct linking
- There are lots of different ways to view the content – view on screen, in a printer friendly format, or convert to PDF
New paths for further enquiry
- Expand search results to include content from other leading university presses via University Press Scholarship Online
- More options for further research, including editorially selected links to related content from OSO and other Oxford Resources
- Continue research journeys outside of OSO with links from bibliographies and footnotes to additional online content (via OpenURL), such as journals from a wide range of publishers
- For the latest news related specifically to Oxford Scholarship Online, subscribe to the RSS feed from our homepage.
- To receive information about our latest publishing, including subject news and special offers, join our mailing list for North & South America or the UK, Europe & Rest of World.
- Connect via our Social Media channels, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and via the OUP Blog.