This year we are celebrating Oxford Scholarship Online (OSO) turning fifteen. As a part of this celebration we are shining a spotlight on the different subject areas available on OSO.
The Music list represents outstanding works across a diverse range of music scholarship, covering significant titles in musicology and music history, ethnomusicology, and music theory. Contributions of bright young academics and eminent scholars, classic works and major recent titles, award winners, and fundamental texts all stand together in the Music module.
Delve in to this subject area with our selected reading list:
- 'Introduction' from Absolute Music by Mark Evan Bonds
- 'Contexts' from Elements of Sonata Theory by James Hepokoski and Warren Darcy
- 'Belliphonic Sounds and Indoctrinated Ears' from Listening to War by J. Martin Daughtry
- 'Introduction' from Queer Dance by Clare Croft
More From OUP...
Stay up-to-date with OUP by opting in to receive information in several different ways:
- To receive information about our latest publishing, including special offers, join our mailing list.
- Connect via our Social Media channels by following @OUPMusic on Twitter or by delving in to the OUPblog archives.
- To keep up to date with the latest publishing added to music on OSO, subscribe to the RSS feed.